Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hear Me, See Me

Wanted to let you know about some Madonna of the Toast events:

On Monday, February 26, I’ll be on The Speakeasy with Dorian, on 91.1 WFMU, straight out of Jersey. I’m not sure when, and for how long, I’ll be on, but the show runs from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00. I’m looking forward to rapping about the book on such a great radio station, on a show that has hosted some wonderful guests.

Then, I’m taking the show on the road, to California. On Saturday, March 10, back in my old Bay Area stomping grounds, there will be a launch party at San Francisco’s Hotel Utah. I’ve got friends helping out on this one, including Erik Davis, Jenn Shreve, Sean McLain Brown, and sax man Patrick Cress wields a bass in Blicker.

Down in Los Angeles on Thursday, March 15, I’ll be reading with another Mark Batty Publisher author, Mark Ferem, mastermind behind Bathroom Graffiti. Mike the Poet will also be joining in on the fun. The party takes place at The Venice Contemporary. Book Soup will be selling books and there will be free drinks.

Tuesday, March 20, I’m back home in New York, and reading at KGB, as part of the bar’s weekly nonfiction series. I’ll be sharing the bill with Steve Ettlinger, author of Twinkie Deconstructed.

There are a few more events still taking shape, and I will let you know more about them as soon as I know more about them.



Lastly, for reading this far, a gift for Lent: Discovered last week in Houston, Texas, on Ash Wednesday, enough people decided that this baking-sheet stain resembled the Virgin Mary so as to land the kitchenware in a custody battle that included cafeteria workers, school officials and the PTA. After days of discussion, it was decided that the stain’s discoverer would be awarded the baking sheet. Read all about it at Chron.com.

No comments: