Tuesday, May 8, 2007

New News, and Some Old News Made New

This will be my last post for a couple of weeks, folks. I'm off to Argentina for vacation. If you've been visiting here regularly and are worried about not getting your fix of strange and sacred sightings, you can always check out the book, Madonna of the Toast.



Or, if you're in Miami, Florida, on Thursday May 24, I'll be reading at Books and Books in Coral Gables. All of the readings I have done over the last few months have been fun, but this one promises to be extra special because of Diana Duyser's presence. Yes, the woman who made the $28,000 Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese will be joining me for a chat. We'll talk about the impact one half of a sandwich has made on her life, from the money, the celebrity and her tattoo of the toast, which she received on the reality television show Miami Ink. The Duysers always draw a crowd in Florida, so this event may turn into spectacle. And, no promises, but there is a chance that the famed sandwich will also be on hand.

Lastly, and appropriately, in looking for a new visual manifestation to share with all of you, the only noteworthy tidbit I found had to do with none other than Diana Duyser! On May 7, Local10.com reported on Duyser's tattoo, and then the story got picked up by other news services. It's strange because she got the tattoo last summer, long enough ago for me to include it in the book! I don't get it, but I think it bodes well for an interesting time down in Florida.

Okay, that's all for now. I'll be on the look out for recognizable faces down near the bottom of the world . . .

No comments: