Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hail to the Potato

Photobucket

This was sent to me by Mark Batty, publisher of Madonna of the Toast. I've Googled around a bit and I can't source this image, so I don't know if someone is out there claiming to have yanked this potato out of the ground or if this is just some Photoshop fun. I imagine it's the latter. Nonetheless, it demonstrates the cultural reach of these visual manifestations. Senator Obama has certainly moved many Americans to think of him as a political second coming, which I assume the person who created this politico potato was alluding to. But maybe it is another mysterious visual manifestation of an icon . . .

No matter what your political beliefs, if you are a US citizen, make sure to register to vote so you can get out there and vote!

1 comment:

matthew archbold said...

It's from www.creativeminorityreport.com